An Unexpected Experience :





An Unexpected Experience:

It was a cold and windy night. My girlfriend and I had met after a long time and were chatting for hours. We did not notice the time passing by, and soon it was close to ten in the night. We decided to take an auto uber to go to our house.

It started snowfalls, and we hurried to get into an uber and reach our place. But we're not finding any uber. So, we thought that we should take auto rikshaw, and unfortunately, None of the auto-rickshaw stopped for us, except one.

The driver asked, where we wanted to go and we told the place. Without saying anything about the fare, he said, "Please get in!" We thanked him and got in.

Since it was very cold, I asked the driver to stop at any small tea shop. We wanted to have a cup of hot tea. The driver stopped near a small coffee shop.

We ordered coffee and asked the driver to join us and have a cup of coffee. The driver refused. I insisted, but he refused again politely.

My girlfriend asked, "Will you not take coffee from this shop or what?"

The driver replied, "No Sir, I don't feel like having coffee now."

I asked again, "But, why? A cup of coffee will not harm."

Smiling, the driver replied, "Thank you sir, but I'm sorry."

My girlfriend asked, "Are you against eating or drinking outside?"

The driver said, "No!"

I was surprised by his behavior and asked my girlfriend not to compel him.

In 15 minutes, we reached our house. We paid the fare and the driver thanked us.

On an impulse, I stopped him, as I wanted to ask him why he refused to take coffee with us at the shop.

He thought for a moment and replied, "Sir, my wife passed away this noon in an accident. I don't have enough money for her funeral. So I took a vow not to drink even water until I earn enough money for my wife's funeral. That's why I didn't drink when you offered it. Please don't misunderstand."

We both were shattered and offered him more money for his wife's funeral.

He politely refused, "Thank you for your generosity sir. In one or two hours, if I get one or two more customers, I will earn the money I need." And he left the place.

We were surprised and amazed at his strength of character and integrity. 

Post a Comment

0 Comments